Saturday, November 22, 2008

Game Day-----Hofstra

Well, it's a frosty morning here in New Hampshire. My thermometer says it's 14 degrees right now.

I'm charging my camera batteries and checking my winter clothes to get ready for the game.

The Herald News has a story about Shane Viveiros getting more playing time in the UMass secondary.

Jeff Thomas has a game day article here .

Matty Vautour has a Hofstra game article here .

Matty has another story about Liam Coen's legacy to UMass football. There is a great quote from Coen:

"I'm very loyal to UMass football," Coen said. "I hope people remember me as being tougher than maybe your average quarterback has been. To know how much I cared and how much most of my days went to trying to win games for this program. It's something I care about a lot."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sports Network has its week #13 FCS Preview here .

Chuck Burton has previews of the games of rivalry weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Cross will meet #21 Colgate for the Patriot League championship and a playoff birth today.

Albany has already won the NEC championship and awaits its opponent in the Dec 6th Gridiron Classic.

And "Oh-by-the-way", Texas Tech meets Oklahoma tonight at 7:00 pm for a BCS game bid.

Image stolen from the Wizard of Odds college football blog----who undoubtedly stole it from someone else. It's not accredited.