Sunday, October 12, 2008

Northeastern game stuff

The Boston Globe says UMass picked the right time .

The Herald says we escaped Northeastern .

The Springfield Republican highlights Tony Nelson's 175 yards .

The Worcester Telegram said we rallied past the Huskies .

Matty Vautour has a game article here .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One side benefit of running the UMass Football Blog is the nice people I get to meet. I got to talk with Joanne and Alex Getek (the parents of UMass OL Rob Getek) at the Northeastern game. They were in Lubbock too, but we missed connections. Joanne was kind enough to send me some images of the Texas Tech game, but they're on my laptop, and I haven't been organized enough to port them over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Texas Tech, when I got back to my truck, the Red Raiders-Nebraska game was on satellite radio. I was thinking about driving back to Plainview Texas while I was making a different ride back to New Hampshire. What a difference a couple of weeks make. The Red Raiders won in overtime .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the CAA, Maine beat Delaware.

New Hampshire blew a big lead to lose to William & Mary. That knocks the Wildcats out of the undefeated column.

Towson got their first CAA win by topping Rhode Island.

Scotty McGee, who gave us fits in our game with JMU, returned a punt with 58 seconds left to beat Richmond.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------