Saturday, September 05, 2009

Whoa! We could have won this one.

Well, first thing the UMass defense is back. We shut out a Big 12 team three of the four quarters and we flat out pushed them around in the second half.

The UMass defense got pressure on Coffman all night and sent him to the sidelines for one series.

If it were not for the last series in the first half (what was the coaching staff thinking?) we would have won 17-14.

The offense had some good things and some things to work on. Tony Nelson and the OL got stronger as the night went on.

The bad thing was we had a LOT of drops. Havens probably could have added five receptions with better concentration from the receivers.

Still, there were a lot of positives. Again, we could have won this thing.

Good luck with the rest of the season to K-State. I enjoyed talking to tons of friendly Wildcat fans.

We are staying over tomorrow and flying home Monday. I've got lots of images so I'll have an image gallaery to post when I get home.

And I'll have to check the contest e-mail folder to see who won the hat. I know a couple of people picked UMass to win, but I don't remember if anyone had the Wildcats by four.