Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 18th UMass Football Practice

Click on the image above and blogger displays a large view.

Well, yesterday was a good day. It was my birthday. I lifted a lifetime best bench press in the morning and in the afternoon I watched UMass practice. Oh, and it was 75 degrees and a blue sky.

I've added a forty image gallery in Picassa. You can view it here . Picassa was acting a little flakey while I was doing the up-load. If it does not work for you, try again later. Google goes through periods of being difficult to work with.

I liked the practice. The players seemed focused (no clowning around when the coach's back was turned). Everybody seemed to be working hard.

Coen looked like he was moving comfortably. Tony Nelson looked fast.

I was impressed with the speed of the wide receivers. We don't have the height we had last year, but if the opposing DB misses the tackle, I don't think they're going to get a second chance.

With last year's recruits, the OL looked BIG. Very big kids. I think we have more depth this year.

Long snapping is still a work in progress. Arnold and Woodward were jumping jacks trying to field long snaps.

Coach Brown does not like people making catches against his defensive backs----even if they're our receivers in practice.

UPDATE: I've added a link to practice web album in the Blog's sidebar.