Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Recruiting 2017--Sione Taufahema

Image JC Football.com
Scout.com reports UMass has offered to Sione Taufahema, a 6-3 310 pound DT from College of the Canyons.

247Sports page here.

Hudl.com has video.

Partial quote from a 08/15/16 Scout.com article by Scott Eklund

"I visited Montana State in March and then I went to see Hawaii in May," Taufahema said. "UMass definitely would like to get me out there, but I'm just going to take my time and see what else is out there."

"I can play anywhere and my coaches move me around, but at the next level, when I get to a four-year school, I probably fit at nose tackle the best," Taufahema admitted. "I'm really quick off the ball and I have a good first step. I'm also really strong against the run and I have a good hands, so that helps me keep blockers off me."

Hawaii and UMass are Taufahema's two FBS offers.