Friday, May 20, 2016

Recruiting 2017--Claudin Cherelus

Cherelus #21/Scout.com image
Several recruiting services indicate UMass has offered to Claudin Cherelus, a 6-2 195 pound Safety from Naples, FL.

247Sports page here.

Hudl.com has video.

Partial quote from a May 6th article from Scout.com about Cherelus receiving his first offer from Minnesota.

"Coach Mike Sherels is the Minnesota coach that offered me," Naples (Fla.) Golden Gate safety Claudin Cherelus said to GopherDigest. "He told me he liked my size a lot and he loved my playing style. He watched us practice yesterday and he loved the way I'm aggressive and not afraid to hit someone. He said he's a man of chances and he sees a lot of potential in me, and so he wanted to offer me a scholarship to Minnesota. He liked my leadership too on how I'm helping the younger guys when I can and always being positive and coaching people up. The offer from the Gophers is at strong safety."

UMass and Minnesota are Cherelus' two offers so far.