Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Tuesday--April 8th, 2014

UMass should buy the copyright for this article and and hand it out to recruits.

Partial quotes:

" UMass also provided a top-notch education. Cruz knew he had to earn his degree before moving on with his career. “My mother wouldn’t have it any other way,” he says. “She told me I wasn’t leaving that place until I came home with that piece of paper.”

On the field, UMass’s football team gave Cruz the chance to play the position he felt was right for him. He says, “[UMass] wanted me to play wide receiver. Every other school was looking at me as a defensive back.” From his first official visit, he got along well with his teammates and coaches. “Guys just took me in,” Cruz says. “I felt like I was already attending the school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A Bleacher Report writer says Penn State won't break into a sweat in its early schedule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kent State receives $850,000 for playing at Ohio State this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Victor Cruz, ESPN looks at Cruz and the other Giants receivers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Detroit Lions hope James Ihedigbo's Super Bowl experience will boost their own changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The results from Boston College's Spring game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Colorado looks to improve on their 108th in the nation ,120.8 yards per game rushing totals in 2014.

The Minutemen were 104th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------