Thursday, September 27, 2007

Watch the game live on ESPN360

Right click on the image for a larger view .

If you have Verizon DSL, you can watch the UMass-Boston College live over the internet. This CNN-Money story specifically mentions the UMass-BC game .

TECH NOTES:
  • The ESPN360 feed works great with my setup. The video quality is much superior to the feed from CN8.
  • The ESPN360 website is here .
  • The feed only works with Internet Explorer :(
  • The feed requires the latest version of Flash
  • After viewing the game, download Firefox and set it as your default browser.
  • Do not use Internet Explorer as it allows "active X" applets with deep hooks into your operating system.
  • I did not follow the procedure listed in the CNN article. I went directly to the ESPN360 site and followed the prompts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this game just on the internet or on Espn as well?

UMass74 said...

The game is internet only.

There is a list of all TV games and web broadcasts here:

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/
football2007.html

Past the entire url, blogger clips lines in this comment section

Anonymous said...

I use Firefox with ESPN360 and it works fine. In fact, it doesn't lag on me nearly as much as IE does.

UMass74 said...

I could not get it to work for me. My Verizon "home" page that they give you for being a Verizon subscriber only works for IE. I could not get the applet to load under Firefox.

If it works for you use it. Firefox is my default browser and I love it.

Anonymous said...

i got comcast thats summore bullshit i cant watch the game

Anonymous said...

i feel ya pain brotha