Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day ---- May 31st, 2010

Hope everyone is having a peaceful and happy Memorial Day weekend. Take a moment sometime this weekend and remember all those who sacrificed to make all that we have possible.


A DOD image by William P. Moss (Soldiers place flags at Arlington).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much football news on the wires. All the professional writers seem to be taking the long week end off.

This article looks at some "small school' prospects for the 2011 NFL draft. CAA players Pat Devlin (QB Delaware) and Villanova's Ben Ijalana are mentioned. UMass fans will get to see Devlin in person on November 13th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this will interest anyone, but when I scan UMass game programs or have other scanning projects, I use the scanning program VueScan. I have no connection with the owner, so I do not receive any compensation of any sort. But I think it far exceeds the capabilities of most manufacturer supplied software that comes with home scanners.

I'm currently scanning about 2,500+ slides that Mrs Blog and I have accumulated over the years.

I watch the Red Sox and every time the end-of-scan chime sounds I get up and load another four slides in my old Epson Perfection 4180 flat bed scanner. Since most photo shops or online services charge about 35 cents a slide, you can save some significant cash by scanning your collection at home.