Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday News --- 06/02/09

As you might expect, I spend quite a bit of time on the internet searching for material for the blog. Yesterday I found (courtesy of Any given Saturday) a new FCS site called "FCS Now". Apparently it's been in existence for a while. It never showed up on all those Google searches I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten UMass seniors on the the Consensus Draft Services 2010 NFL prospects list.

They also have a 2009 Preseason All-america list. I can't find the original webpage, but Appalachian State has the list here.

Vladimir Ducasse is listed as a first team All-American. Victor Cruz, Tony Nelson and Josh Jennings are Honorable Mentions. Jeromy Miles is not on the list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low level I-A teams receive about twice as much money as FCS/I-AA teams when playing BCS teams seeking a guaranteed win.

I saw this link over on the Wizard of Odds college football site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------