Monday, May 18, 2015

Recruiting 2016--Robert Sanders

Image credit unknown
JCFootball.com reports UMass is showing interest in Robert Sanders, a 5-10 172 pound Safety who played for JUCO American River last year.

Partial quote from a April 21st story on Sanders from JCFootball.com

"I've had a lot of schools contacting me and things have really picked up recently because a lot of coaches have been by our school to check out our players," Sanders told JCFootball.com. "The ones I have talked to are UMass, Colorado, Missouri and Cal Poly so far. 

"Things should ramp up the next few weeks. My coaches said a lot of schools will be by to see us and hopefully that's when I will start seeing offers." 

As a freshman for the Beavers last season, Sanders racked up 54 tackles, 4.5 tackles-for-loss, two fumble recoveries, and a team-leading six interceptions from his safety spot.

Hudl.com has some video from his American River games.