Thursday, July 04, 2019

UMass Football News--4th of July 2019


As long-time blog readers know, I'm a life long amateur astronomer. Some time ago I contributed to a kickstarter campaign to curate Neil Armstrong's lunar landing space suit. I received the above image today from the Smithsonian.

Armstrong's landing was 50 years ago. I remember John Kennedy and the Apollo program and watching Armstrong step onto the Moon. We had a tiny black & white TV set up on the fantail of my destroyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Happy 4th to all UMass fans, players, coaches and administrators. America--still the last, best hope of the planet.

And UMass is part of a plucky band of independent football teams. We're on the rise. Enjoy the ride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------