Monday, August 17, 2020

UMass Football News--August 17th, 2020

UPDATE:    I got a couple of e-mails saying that Nick Orekoya was, in fact still on the Fall roster. I checked and that was the case. Originally, I  tried to cross-check to make sure I had it right, but evidentially, I did not. I'm glad Orekoya is still with us. I think he has run well when he has been given the chance. Additionally, RB is a really thin position at UMass. Welcome back Nick :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The Fall 2020 version of the UMass roster is up on the UMass athletic website.

A couple of notable deletions are:

Parker Ogle OL 6-3 280 Soph.

Kyle Lindquist QB 6-4 215 JUCO. Mike Traini of "Fight Massachusetts" said on his site that Lindquist had left for "personal reasons" and it was his scholarship that allowed UMass to sign Zamar Wise.

I blogged about Wise back in May.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former UMass WR Marken Michel signs with the Carolina Panthers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Sports says no one can get on the same page regarding college football.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parents of Big10 players are outraged by the decision to cancel the Big10's season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------