Monday, March 02, 2020

UMass Historical Scans---1991

First off I fixed the link to the UMass historical scans. Clicking on the Tangerine Bowl image should take you to Google album with the scans. Then clicking on an image in Google photos should display the full-rez image making the print readable.

Google keeps making changes to their Google albums without any notification. After Google decommissioned Picassa, they went to Google Photos and they don't really seem very interested in it. The same could be said for Blogger. It's a very old platform. You remember when I would post polls? I was going to do a poll this Spring asking how many games UMass everyone thought UMass would win this year and found Blogger no longer supports polls. Nobody blogs anymore.

I've been thinking about moving the blog to another platform, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Let me know if the link does not work. Google automatically signs me in because I'm the blog administrator, so it may respond differently to me than to someone visiting the blog. On thing I have not been able to do so far is add a visible information tag such as "1991" to the images.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday I added 27 images from my collection of UMass 1991 game programs and the 1991 UMass Football press guide. I also added one image of the first page of one edition of the UMass Touchdown Club (the football booster club) edited by Gerry Grady. Include are the covers from three away games (Maine, Northeastern and James Madison).

The 1991 team had Jimmie Reid as HC, Mike Hodges, Doug Berry and Joe Cullen as assistant coaches.

Among the players were Ben Albert, Jerome Bledsoe,Rich Cavanaugh, Rich Kane, Mario Perry, Ron Villone and Vaughn Williams and many more. The "Incoming Freshman" page has Rene Ingoglia and Jason Tudryn.

Lots of UMass football history in 1991. UMass finished 4-7 in '91 and 3-5 in the Yankee Conference. 1991 was the last year Jimmie Reid was head coach.

I think this link will jump you directly to the new images. Let me know if it doesn't work. Blogger's "preview" function no longer creates functional links, so I can't check before publishing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the image and Blogger displays a larger view.







-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------