Thursday, December 26, 2019

UMass Football News--December 26th, 2019


I totally missed this. O.C Johnson,  5-10 165 pound WR from DeMantha Catholic set the all-time UMass true freshman receiving record in 2019. My UMass record book does not have records by class, so I can't report who's record Johnson broke.

Johnson went 12-10 GP-GS 37-272 7.4 AVE 2 TD's 40 LONG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Traini of "Fight Massachusetts" has a profile and Q & A with JUCO QB recruit Kyle Lindquist. We all knew the Minutemen defense would struggle in 2019, but the non-functioning offense was much worse than I expected. I expect a new starter in 2020 and a whole new depth chart at the QB position. Lindquist will be in for Spring ball and I hope he or Brady Martin or Will Koch will lead us out of the wilderness.

FYI, UMass QB's had a combined EFF rating of 103.41. Opponent QB's were a collective 178.23....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------