Monday, April 11, 2016

Recruiting 2017---Chinedu Ogbonna

Scout.com image
Several recruiting services indicate UMass has offered to Chinedu Ogbonna, a 6-2 200 pound OLB from Wheeler HS in Georgia.

247Sports page here.

Hudl.com has video.

Partial quote from a February 2016 article about Ogbonna from Scout.com:

Ogbonna, 6'3, 210, has a nice frame and as he adds weight will be a head hunter in his senior season.  With great insticts to the ball and good quickness, Ogbonna already brings a lot to the table.  
He's still got a very long time before he will make his deicision, and for now he just plans to keep working and getting ready for his senior season.

"I've been lifting weights and trying to get stronger," he said. 
"I run track and mostly just focus on school.  I have a lot in front of me and I'm excited about the future."

Ogbonna has 11 total offers including future UMass opponents Troy, Old Dominion, Tulane (2016) and Tennessee (2017).